Friday, January 2, 2009

Dr.Zhivago

Definitely, a movie worth watching. I must say though that I was unable to relate to parts of it. Being unaware of Russian history didn’t help either; had to read up on Tsars, Bolsheviks and the Russian revolution. I wasn’t able to accept the infidelity, especially when Dr.Zhivago is happily married with a loving and caring wife whom he dearly loves. Is it like I love my wife but I love my mistress more? Please someone help me out here. The magnitude of their love is of course unquestionable. Maybe I will gain a better insight on reading the book. One can never comment on the emotions without reading the book. The musical score is tender and evocative. The movie ends wonderfully well truly bringing out the emotion that has been built up throughout the movie.

No comments: